Bonnie

Blood of the Maple (Maggie's Grove)

Blood of the Maple - Dana Marie Bell Alright so I had totally written a review, and it somehow got deleted, so in place of missing review you’re going to get this half-assed one because I really didn’t care for this book. I’d give it 2.5 stars… and I debated a while on whether it was worth rounding up. I decided against that obviously. I had really been looking forward to this book, I thought it was going to be A LOT better than it ended up being. The story was extremely fast paced, set in this ‘Steford’ type society, just with supernaturals, including a vampire, Parker, cursed to be a vegetarian. Go figure he finds a dryad, Amara, that solves that exact problem. Anyways, the crazy ex-girlfriend that put the curse on Parker is still trying to come after him and cause problems, and that’s the story in a nutshell. Like I said, half-assed. Sorry.The relationship between Parker and Amara was a bit irritating… I have read plenty of novels where the characters fall madly in love almost immediately, but these two were marriedby date number two. Not only that, but there was no real connection between the two other than the fact that Parker wanted to suck her dry. It reminded me a lot of the relationship between Diana and Matthew in A Discovery of Witches , but not in the best way. Unfortunately I don’t think this is a series that I will be continuing.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark