Bonnie

Run From The Reaper - Cristian YoungMiller I won this book from the Member Giveaways on Library Thing in exchange for a review.It awakens… Summoned by the will of a powerful psychic, The Red Reaper forces its victims to live their darkest fantasies. If they resist, they die.My ThoughtsThis was a really quick read and even though I didn’t thoroughly enjoy the story itself, the author can still write an interesting tale. I entered this giveaway initially because it obviously had to do with Grim Reapers, and I’m a sucker for stories involving them. It didn’t end up being exactly what I had anticipated but it was still a well written and interesting story.OverallThere were black reapers and red reapers and after a point I thought it was a bit implausible. It definitely takes the typical reaper type story and transforms it, I’ll give the author credit for that. There were some gruesome parts that I was totally glad I hadn’t decided to take a lunch and read this while eating! My understanding of my ebook copy was that this was a finished copy so I wasn’t reading a pre-published version… with that said, I found several grammatical/spelling errors that kind of made my eye twitch. I’m not perfect by no means, I make my own grammatical errors; however, I would anticipate that they be corrected by the time a finished book comes to be. There was this one line where the character was talking about ‘dear’ in the road… I assumed it was intended to say ‘deer’ as in, the furry beasties with horns, aka Bambi.Bottom Line: Flies are gross, watch out for those dear in the road, and I wanted purple reapers too dammit.Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark