Bonnie

Seduced by Her Highland Warrior

Seduced by Her Highland Warrior - Michelle Willingham ‘Seduced by her Highland Warrior’ was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Harlequin.I’m typically a sucker for a good Highlander romance so I quickly snagged this one up. I went into this with the impression that it would be your typical romance story but this novel really surprised me with how heartfelt and touching it was. ‘Seduced by her Highland Warrior’ is the second installment in the MacKinloch Clan series. I did not read the first novel and even though it did kind of feel like in the beginning I had walked into the story halfway through, the author did a fine job in still making it work as a stand-alone novel. Alex MacKinloch is chief of his clan and is trying to get everyone to work together to rebuild their keep that was recently destroyed by the English. His wife, Laren, is an intensely shy woman who has difficulty adjusting to her roles and responsibilities when her husband becomes chief. Born to a poor family, she is looked down upon by other members of the clan and is treated unfairly because of their beliefs that Alex should not have married her.Alex and Laren haven’t been close for almost 3 years now after the loss of their newborn son causes them to drift apart when they don’t know how to comfort each other from the pain it caused them both. I loved how the story shows glimpses of the past back when the two of them first met, fell in love, and also tells what happened between them after the death of their son. This story while sad and touching was also hopeful because even though they had drifted apart they did still love each other and were doing all they could to work on things between them. Watching the story progress and seeing the two become closer was very moving, yet also extremely believable. I really enjoyed this one.Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark