Bonnie

The Traitor's Daughter (The Veiled Isles Trilogy, #1)

The Traitor's Daughter (The Veiled Isles Trilogy, #1) - Paula Brandon The Traitor’s Daughter was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Random House Publishing Group .Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!I was really anticipating this as the summary made it sound incredibly original and enticing. The prologue was a really rough start and I wanted to abandon it from the very start. Immediately delving into this strange and complex world with some serious lack of explanation was not the way to go. I found myself going back and re-reading large portions and still being unable to understand what was going on. As if the prologue wasn’t enough to turn me off from reading this, it immediately goes into this political power struggle between two families and only succeeded in confusing me further. I have a hard time wanting to continue a book that is a huge info dump in the very beginning of the book and continues to introduce more characters and more information without slowing it down to explain it all. I felt an overall lack of interest for this book as a whole and for the characters as well. The writing fell flat for me and I felt that if the story didn’t have such a rough start and/or possibly explained things better I would have enjoyed it more than I did. Considering that I read half the book and had to force myself to scan-read through the rest of the book to determine whether it was truly worth continuing or not (it really wasn’t) I will unfortunately not be continuing with this series.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark