Bonnie

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) - Jeaniene Frost 3.5 starsI’ve been waiting to read this series for a while and I finally decided to just go for it. Halfway to the Grave is the first in the Night Huntress Series. It introduces Cat Crawfield, a 22 year old half-vampire half-human born after her mother was raped by a vampire. Cat has been seeking out vampires to kill them since she was 16 as her own way of avenging what happened to her mother and at the same time attempting to find out who her father is. She ends up making a deal with a vampire she meets, Bones, when he offers to train her to become better at what she does in return for her assistance in killing vampires that he needs dead. I loved Cat, I loved Bones, the book made me laugh… it was great. I loved the relationship between the two as well. Cat’s mother irritated me… she didn’t exactly force Cat to go out and kill vampires to avenge her, but, it seemed like that was the only thing that made her happy and the only thing that she cared about. I think she could’ve cared about Cat’s well-being a little more. The ending didn’t leave off as much of a cliffhanger, but I’m definitely interested in continuing this series.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark