Bonnie

Siege  (As The World Dies, #3) - Rhiannon Frater That was damn awesome. :) Siege was hands down my favorite from this entire series. I loved how everything was concluded because it was far from perfect and typical of what one might expect from a world with zombies: nothing ever goes right and NO ONE is safe!! In Siege, fighting the zombies has become the least of their worries. After a member of their community betrays them it causes everyone to realize that the zombies are not the only things that people need to fear.The thing I loved most about this small community of survivors was how strong, independent and extremely resilient they all were. (Almost) everyone was ready and willing to work hard and do their part in the community but of course there were the individuals that still thought themselves better in various ways and wouldn't be 'reduced' to menial labor. Those particular characters cracked me up because I know for a fact there will always be those people in the world; especially the women still wearing high heels and makeup while the world is going to shit. This one had me on the edge of my seat for almost the entire story. It was exciting, nerve-racking, emotional and incredibly realistic... a real nail biter. A well written story of survival and doing anything and everything to secure it. Siege didn't lose any of its original snarky humor but still managed to be one highly emotional thrill ride. If you're any kind of zombie fan, do not deny yourself this series!

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark