Bonnie

The Pit and the Pendulum

The Pit and the Pendulum - Edgar Allan Poe ’Arousing from the most profound of slumbers, we break the gossamer web of some dream.’Another short story by Edgar Allan Poe that tells of a man that wakes in darkness to be judged and given a death sentence. He loses consciousness and falls into somewhat of a slumber, where he is still aware, but… not. ’The blackness of eternal night encompassed me. I struggled for breath. The intensity of the darkness seemed to oppress and stifle me. The atmosphere was intolerably close.’Thinking that the sentence may have already been passed, he still did not feel that he himself was dead, but rather he felt that he was being kept in a dungeon of sorts.This was quite a creepy and disconcerting little story and definitely gave me goosebumps. ’I had but escaped death in one form of agony, to be delivered unto worse than death in some other.’And I’ve now determined that reading about rats crawling on you while you sit in your cubicle at work can cause some awkwardness for you and everyone around you. I did make some embarrassing sounds that I was not able to sufficiently explain. Something along the lines of uuuugggggaaaaaaaaaahhhhhahhhhhhheeeeewwwwwwww.Thanks Edgar.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark