Bonnie

Touch of the Demon

Touch of the Demon - Diana Rowland My rating: 4.5 of 5 starsA copy of Touch of the Demon was provided to me by DAW/Penguin Group (USA) for review purposes. Thank you!Diana Rowland's Kara Gillian series has been a favorite of mine from the very beginning, but with 'Touch of the Demon' she's truly taken this series to a whole new level and as Kara is so fond of saying, "Shit just got real." ‘Touch of the Demon’ truly mixed things up and allowed this series to remain outstanding for many more installments.Touch of the Demon picks up right where the last one left off with that dreaded cliffhanger that I think had us all pulling our hair out. Kara finds herself in the demon realm and she's being held against her will by the demonic Lord Mzatal. Unclear as to why he's keeping her but positive that it's not for anything good she finally manages to escape and get to Rhyzkahl but she finds herself in any even worse situation. It’s a complex story that has Kara spinning in confusion trying to figure out how to get out of this situation and finally get home, to Earth.The best part of this story was the imagery Diana created. Her depictions of the demon realm were meticulous allowing you to visualize it completely. From details of the palaces she stayed in to the trees to the various different demons that she had never encountered before. Each additional detail really added something distinctive to making this story highly creative. There are so much more that could be said but there were so many intricate aspects to this story-line that each detail is essentially a part of the spoiler… and I would hate to ruin this for anyone. If you’ve been a fan of this series though, you will definitely love this one.Touch of the Demon is hands down the darkest, grittiest installment yet, and it was absolutely fantastic. The cliffhanger lacking ending was music to my ears and still managed to set in motion potentially awesome storylines. I can’t wait to see where Diana Rowland takes us next on this brilliant endeavor!

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark