Bonnie

Eye of the Tempest (Jane True Series #4)

Eye of the Tempest (Jane True, Book 4) - Nicole Peeler 3.5 stars Odd. So Goodreads totally deleted this book from my shelf.... so I'm just re-adding it and my review. Alright, it’s official. I love Nicole Peeler. There, I’ve said it. I’m SO glad that I finally got off my ass and read her Jane True series because it is truly a wonderful, hilarious, hell of a good time series.The StorylineIn the fourth installment of the Jane True series, after an altercation with a group of humans who attacked Jane and Anyan, Jane uses a power against them that no one knew she possessed. She used so much magic that she practically fell into a coma for the better part of a month. When she wakes, things aren’t much better; actually, they’re quite worse. Jane’s friends inform her that Phaedra’s evil group has been searching out the locations of four ‘locks’ that are around Rockabill that when unlocked will unleash and ancient power. It’s up to Jane to locate the locks and get to this ancient power first so it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.My ThoughtsI won’t continue to gush about my love for this series, I’m sure everyone is fully aware by now, since this will now be my fourth review of this series and I’m probably starting to sound like a broken record. As far as new thoughts and feelings, I must say I am so glad that Jane and Anyan are still ‘together’. I absolutely adore those two. I loved seeing Iris go through her healing process after what she suffered in the 3rd book. It made it all the more real that the author didn’t simply glaze over that whole ordeal and transform Iris right back to her normal funky self. It never ceases to crack me up how Jane’s libido has a life of its own and it’s almost a completely separate entity form Jane.’Now I can do the slurping! My libido crowed, causing me to blush. I hated when I blushed at my own sex drive.The EndingI had this horrible feeling that I was going to be left with some massive cliffhanger about midway through the book. Fortunately, that feeling was short-lived as Nicole managed to wrap it up quite nicely. All I have to say though… poor Jane and Anyan. Lol Can’t they get cut some slack here??? I can’t wait for the fifth installment; this series just keeps getting more and more exciting! If you have yet to read this series, well… what are you waiting for?!

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark