Bonnie

Crank

Crank  - Ellen Hopkins Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!Crank, you seeisn’t any ordinary monster. It’s like a giant octopus, weavingits tentacles notjust around you, but through you,squeezingnot hard enough tokill you, but enough to keep you from reelinguntil you try to getaway.The StorylineKristina is a high school junior who’s your typical normal kid who brings home good grades and has never done anything to disappoint her mom. Kristina though, isn’t always Kristina. Sometimes she becomes Bree, the girl she’s always wanted to be. The girl who tells it like it is, the confident one, the one who’s nothing like Kristina. When Kristina goes to Albuquerque, New Mexico to visit her dad she meets the neighbor boy Adam and her life begins the slow roll downhill. His voice drippedHoney and cream,Irresistible poison.He was poison and he introduced her to another irresistible poison: the monster. Just trying it once and her life was forever changed.My ThoughtsThis is my third foray into the works of Ellen Hopkins and I have yet to be disappointed. These are hard books and I can see why people either love them or hate them. They wrestle the difficult subjects that normal authors refuse to touch in order to avoid controversy or dispute. I can understand this; however, that makes me love this author that much more because she does wrestle these tough subjects. She tackles them to the ground and does it with gusto. All of Ellen Hopkins books tell a brutally honest tale and you’re not likely to get a happy ending either so don’t be surprised if you’re left beaten and bruised by her stories and not given your fairy tale ending. Her books just simply are take it or leave it. Personally, I can’t get enough of them; I find them incredibly hard to put down once I’ve started and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next one.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark