Bonnie

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5) - Darynda Jones My rating: 4.5 of 5 starsA copy of Fifth Grave Past the Light was provided to me by St. Martin's Press for review purposes.'The dead guy at the end of the bar kept trying to buy me a drink. Which figured. No one else was even taking a second look and I'd dressed to the nines.'Charley Davidson is, as usual, up to her elbows in work and she's the only one equipped to handle it. Her apartment has suddenly been taken over by a few dozen ghostly blonde women who show no interest in passing, she almost gets shot after she enlists Cookie to help her in a recent PI case and add to that the ever-distracting Reyes is an arson suspect and he's officially moved in right next door to her."My dad put himself through college by setting up cons and selling moonshine. He was a pretty famous moonshiner, actually.""My dad's pretty famous too." We all turned to stare at Reyes.This series never fails to disappoint and has gotten better and better with each installment. Charley Davidson is one of my all-time favorite female leads: she's hilarious and snarky and totally badass but not in excess. And if Charley is one of my favorite female leads, Reyes definitely earns a spot on my favorite male leads. Fair warning, the steamy is in abundance in this installment! And oh my GOSH that ending! Not quite a cliffhanger but definitely leaves a smile on your face and makes you infinitely anxious for the next book."No, your other - Fuck, how many boyfriend's do you have?""Including Herman, the maintenance guy at the Jug 'N Chug who talks to celery?" If I didn't know better, I could've sworn Reyes ground his teeth. I couldn't blame him. I mean, who talks to celery in this day and age?Fifth Grave Past the Light really begins to branch out as far as possibilities for future installments... and let me tell ya, I like the looks of it. This installment really spoke of the future development, the purpose and the potential of Charley Davidson. Darynda Jones has been slowly maturing and expanding on Charley's character taking her past the snarky girl that we've all grown to love and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where she continues to take it. This series is a highly entertaining and sexy supernatural mystery that is incredibly easy to fall in love with.____________________________I may or may not have screamed (with joy) after opening my mail today.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark