Bonnie

The Raven (Visions in Poetry)

The Raven - Edgar Allan Poe, Ryan Price Once upon a midnight dreary,while I pondered, weak and weary,Over many a quaint and curious volumeof forgotten lore,While I nodded, nearly napping,suddenly there came a tapping,As of some one gently rapping,rapping at my chamber door."'Tis some visiter," I muttered,"tapping at my chamber door --Only this, and nothing more."I had started reading the Raven before but was never able to quite get through it. When I came across this illustrated version at my library I decided to give it another shot. The illustrated version made it so much better. The illustrations by Ryan Price are dark and gritty… much like the story of the Raven. I’ve read several illustrated books this year that have added a certain something to the already great story ([b:A Monster Calls|8621462|A Monster Calls|Patrick Ness|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-pcxuY0yL._SL75_.jpg|13492114] comes immediately to mind) and the Raven is no exception. You can find a few more illustrations by Ryan Price from the book here but I would also recommend checking out the rest of his work here as well; it’s quite interesting, although I must say I think his work in the Raven is my favorite; they’re quite interesting.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark