Bonnie

Edgar Allen Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher (Adapted for the Stage)

The Fall of the House of Usher - Edgar Allan Poe And the award for the longest run-on sentence that still manages to somewhat make sense goes to... yes, you, Edgar. You, my friend, know how to use those punctuation's to their fullest potential and then some. You even manage to use dashes like it's nobody's business.And now for the winning sentence...*deep breathe*"It was possible, I reflected, that a mere different arrangement of the particulars of the scene, of the details of the picture, would be sufficient to modify, or perhaps to annihilate its capacity for sorrowful impression; and, acting upon this idea, I reined my horse to the precipitous brink of blank and lurid tarn that lay in unruffled luster by the dwelling, and gazed down -- but with a shudder even more thrilling than before -- upon the remodeled and inverted images of the gray sedge, and the ghastly tree-stems, and the vacant and eye-like windows."*gasp*Holy criminy.Overall an odd story that requires much interpretation because at face value it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. Yet... I'm oddly intrigued at his writing style and will definitely be seeking out more of his work in the future.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark