Bonnie

The Secret History

The Secret History - 'I suppose at one time in my life I might have had any number of stories, but now there is no other. This is the only story I will ever be able to tell.'I was pretty blown away at how much I enjoyed this. It took me almost an entire month to read (which is practically unheard of for me) but this is one that you definitely can't zoom right through in my opinion. Incredibly detailed and enthralling, I'm really glad that I paced myself and took my time because this is one to be savored. Truly compelling, you already know from the very first line what's to come:'The snow in the mountains was melting and Bunny had been dead for several weeks before we came to understand the gravity of our situation.'All of the characters were vibrant and completely unforgettable. Despite knowing exactly what's to come, the beauty of this story is the slow unraveling process that the author takes you through, detailing each and every step the friends took to get to that final moment. I can definitely see why this one is considered a modern classic.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark