Bonnie

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) - Cassandra Clare As happy as I was that the Mortal Instruments series was continuing... I would've prefered that it hadn't. Because this book? Was painful. I am usually able to finish books quickly but this one drug on and on and on to the point where I just wanted to give up. I had a hard time from the very beginning understanding exactly what was going on. There wasn't a clear plot and even if the author was attempting to be vague and have it be a surprise or whatnot, she failed miserably. The basis of the book solely revolved around Jace and Clary's relationship problems, but even those weren't clear. And it was beyond irritating that Jace was clearly having issues and yet he refused to talk to Clary about it. And him continuing to say 'I love you but I can't be with you, but lets kiss and make out but... now I can't look at you. Get away from me.' That repeated about 5 times kinda made me want to rip his face off. And then the ending?! Come on. Yeah, we're going to leave Jace up on the roof alone with the kind of not so dead guy but everything's going to be fine because obviously things went perfect the FIRST time they killed him. Stupid. It was like a bad horror movie where the dumb blonde decides to go down to see what the chainsaw-like noise is in the dark basement even though the light won't turn on and she can't be bothered to find a flashlight.I loved the first three of the Mortal Instruments but was seriously disappointed in this one. The series would've been better off left as it was in the third book.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark