Bonnie

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) - E.L. James Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!'Holy cow... This beautiful man wants me back and deep down inside my sweet joy slowly unfurls like a morning glory in the early dawn.'Ana's naivety really grated on me this time around. Well OF COURSE he wants you back. YOU broke up with him. HE never wanted you to leave. So how is it such a shocker that he wants you back? Dumb woman. And then there's the whole 'I forgot the safe word, I just thought I'd deal with the pain instead' and then 'oh god! I've made him mad!'. Ana just comes across as an extremely weak willed woman who cowers in fear of upsetting Christian, this man she barely knows. I had a really hard time with Ana this time around. And was it just me or did Anna's inner goddess make her seem like some schizophrenic with multiple personalities?'My inner goddess nods frantically in agreement. And as I stand in line, we come up with a plan.'I'm thinking that it's maybe just the way it's written, but it really made Anna sound nuts.I was really looking forward to the second installation in this series as I really enjoyed the first one. Unfortunately I find myself in the minority on this oneā€¦ It was still hot and steamy but I felt the story line was a bit too forced and was so extreme that it didn't seem real or plausible. Plus, with Ana's constant irritating behavior it took me forever to get through it because I kept putting it down. If I find myself irritated with a book, I owe it enough to put it aside till I can hopefully get over it. But if I'm picking up a book on almost a dozen occasions and find myself with the same constant irritation then it's not for me. Really wanted to like this one more than I did, but I don't even have the urge to pick up the final book in the trilogy. *sigh*

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark