Bonnie

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey Series #4)

The Iron Knight - Julie Kagawa The Iron Knight was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Harlequin.Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!3.5 stars“My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl.”In the Iron Queen, Ash made an oath to Meghan to be her knight; however, after she became the Iron Queen and she severed the bond with him he was unable to honor the oath since remaining in the Iron realm would have meant his death. Ash realizes that he has only one choice: he’s going to travel to the end of the world to obtain a soul and become mortal so he can remain by her side.After wrapping up Iron Queen and dubbing it my favorite of the series, I was actually kind of surprised that there was an additional installment in the series; I felt it could have been left as is despite its imperfect ending. The puzzle pieces of this series came together a bit too well in The Iron Knight; however, it was still an enjoyable read. In this story we got to travel to the end of the Nevernever. The River of Dreams, the Deep Wyld, Phaed… all unknown territory which added some much needed mystery to the story and which I really enjoyed. Julie Kagawa’s descriptions were extremely vivid. Puck, Grimalkin, and even the Big Bad Wolf were along for the ride. Puck and Grimalkin definitely added some much needed humor to Ash’s dreary story.I think die-hard fans of this series will be extremely pleased with how the author wrapped up this series, but will still be sad that the story is over. I think the wrap-up was done enjoyably well and I’m thankful that it wasn’t stretched to its breaking point with additional and unnecessary installments.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark