Bonnie

Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version

Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version - Philip Pullman, Jacob Grimm A copy of Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version was provided to me by Viking Adult/Netgalley for review purposes.Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version are 50 of Philip Pullman's favorite tales from the original Brothers Grimm. These are 'retold' but still mostly maintains the original version of the stories. Being fully aware of the well-told stories of 'Little Red Riding Hood', 'Cinderella' and 'Snow White' I found the lesser-known stories to be the most entertaining.I'd been incredibly excited for this one for a while now after having finished Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' trilogy; I definitely wanted to read more of his writings. I'm not sure this would be a good one to start with if you were looking into trying Philip Pullman out for the very first time though. I have a passing knowledge of the original Grimm Fairy Tale stories, having read only a few of the originals. With that said, I was interested to see just how original this new English Version by Philip Pullman actually was. It doesn't appear that much was actually changed, however, this is still an enjoyable collection and one that I believe many fairy tale lovers will enjoy.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark